Have you ever had water in your bathroom or kitchen fan? All residents in Maple Grove, Plymouth, Brooklyn Park, or Champlin that have experienced this problem need to know that this will happen again. If your bathroom or kitchen has exhaust fans, then you have what is called a Broan vent on your roof. This Broan vent is black and has a damper in it that lifts and closes when you turn the fan on. Sometimes in the winter these fans do not open. And in the summer, driving winds with rain open them because the damper is either stuck up or is not properly closing.
People that live in Maple Grove, Plymouth, Brooklyn Park, or Champlin that have had this issue, here are the solutions:
- Your fan motor is too weak to open the damper. A new fan is very easy to replace; 2 screws and a universal plug in is all you need to take out and replace it.
- Install hard pipe to fan area up to the roof from the bathroom or kitchen.
- Get on your roof and look inside the damper to see if it is stuck up or if it’s not closing properly (it will be obvious).
- Make sure the connection between the vent and the house is tight, look at the bathroom and kitchen connection up to the Broan connection.
- If all else fails, call Advanced Home Improvements, we will fix it!